Samuh is the first of its kind OTT platform providing video streaming service to Bhutanese in the country and abroad with a wide range of original, licensed and curated bhutanese content that can be accessed anywhere, anytime and on any device connected to the Internet.
Through this venture, Samuh promotes local content creation and preservation of Bhutan’s rich culture and traditions through high quality local creative productions catering to Bhutanese audiences of all age groups as well as to niche international audiences with an interest in Bhutan. Samuh’s product range includes entertainment, and infotainment content spanning across different sectors such as original films, original web series, documentaries, music videos,shows and animation programs for children.
Samuh works with a wide range of talents in the Bhutanese creative industry to create films,series, documentaries, shows, music videos, animations etc.
Founded in 2020, Samuh OTT platform is owned by Samuh Mediatech, Bhutan’s first Mediatech Startup pioneering Bhutanese video streaming services on the local and international digital marketplace.
To become the Number One local content producer and distributor in Bhutan through the creation and promotion of high quality local content and development of the creative industries in the country.
- Provide Bhutanese audiences with state-of-the-art streaming service that can be accessed anywhere, anytime and on any device with Internet and video playback capabilities.
- Promote local content creation and preservation of Bhutan’s rich culture and traditions through high quality local creative productions catering to Bhutanese audiences of all age groups.
- Provide a state-of-the-art distribution platform to local filmmakers to enable optimum monetisation of their creative assets.
- Promote and develop the creative industries in Bhutan through creation of employment and skilling programs in the creative space.
- Support development of the Arts and Independent films in Bhutan by investing 10% of annual profits in funding Independent and Art films.
For Press & Media Enquiries
1st Floor, Building No 7
Chhophel Lam, Zilukha